en - Re: [sympa-users] "Happy 20th Birthday, Sympa" hackathon

  • From: Tornoci Laszlo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] "Happy 20th Birthday, Sympa" hackathon
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 15:03:28 +0100

On 02/20/2017 10:08 AM, Chantreux Marc wrote:
Hello people,

I reviewed the recent activity around sympa on the developper list
there

https://listes.renater.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-developpers/2017-02/msg00000.html

everyone is welcome on both the IRC channel. If you want to participate
to the debate on the sympa refactoring, please consider joining the hackathon.

every feedback or question are warmly welcome.

Hi,

yes sympa is a great piece of software, it certainly deserves a happy birthday event. As with all open source software we should think twice before starting to criticize the developers for being slow, but I definitely have a feeling that the maintainers/developers have too little time to work on the project. So if there are people out there who can help to keep sympa current and useful, it is certainly welcomed.

(I am not much of a developer, my contribution to the project is mainly translation. But I like and use sympa.)

Yours: Laszlo

regards