en - Re: [sympa-users] moderation url? ticket issues?

  • From: Robert McNicholas <address@concealed>
  • To: Matt Goebel <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] moderation url? ticket issues?
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:34:48 -0800

We have had similar problems, also running 6.2.14 on RedHat 7. On the list that was having the problem, I noticed if I clicked refresh repeatedly on the list's home page, the list of moderators would sometimes show all moderators, and sometimes not. The ones that were occasionally missing were defined as part of an "owner_include" paragraph, including members from an LDAP group via a custom data source. There was a "sync_include_admin" error logged in the sympa log whenever this happened. You might grep for these in your logs.

This was the source of our problem. It turned out we were having problems with our LDAP server and the query for the admins was occasionally timing out. That left the owners occasionally not completely defined. It seems that query runs on ever owner reference and is not cached.

Are your moderators defined in an external data source by any chance?

-Rob