en - Re: [sympa-users] migrating sympa lists to new sympa install

  • From: Rance Hall <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] migrating sympa lists to new sympa install
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:24:00 -0500

David:

Great comment/question.

The web environment of our current install is based on virtualhost
domains. And if needed we can rename/move the lists to their new domain
prior to ripping this monolithic beast apart.

However, the issue seems to be management of the various domain lists
via email.

We've turned off all the list specific mail aliases because sympa seems
to have had historical trouble with handling list management emails to a
list (like subscribe, etc) when multiple domains are running on the same
host.

The only way we see to address this issue is with separate sympa instances.

Rance