en - Re: [sympa-users] How to forward every mail to secondary SMTP server

  • From: dev <address@concealed>
  • To: dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to forward every mail to secondary SMTP server
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 08:38:30 -0500

On 06/07/2016 04:00 AM, David wrote:
Hi, In the sympa aliases, you associate any list address with a pipe
to the sympa queue programs. I think it should be possible to add a
local account to this pipe, simply separated from the pipe by a
comma. Something like this is certainly possible BUT you will ignore
any sympa related processing, such as moderation. You then risk to
archive messages that will actually be rejected.

I do not know why, but I have two alias files on my system. One is
in /etc/mail/aliases and contains the regular Linux system aliases
with the addition of:
sympa: "| /usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
listmaster: "| /usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

The second alias file (/etc/mail/sympa/aliases) contains what looks
like a list of all my active mailing lists:

staff.remote: "| /usr/lib/sympa/lib/sympa/queue address@concealed"

I added ", listmail@localhost" to /etc/mail/aliases, however I did
not see any delivery in /var/log/mail to the listmail user when posting
to various lists.

I am now testing this in my postfix configuration:
main.cf:
always_bcc = listmail

master.cf:
procmail unix - n n - - pipe
flags=RO user=listmail argv=/usr/bin/procmail -t -m USER=${user} \
EXTENSION=${extension} /etc/procmailrc

procmail does indeed deliver this to the listmail user now, however he
receives two messages; one from "(list)-address@concealed" and
another which appears to be the sent message (containing Thread-Topic:
and Thread-Index: headers). I could use /home/listmail/.procmailrc to further filter out unwanted messages but this all seems like a very long way around.

The suggestion about post_archive hook sounds like a good solution, but
I would rather not deviate from the bundled Ubuntu 14.04 software on the
system.

Thank you