en - [sympa-users] Delayed email to some recipients

  • From: "Silvers, Tim" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Delayed email to some recipients
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2016 10:06:59 +0000

Hi. We had a message distributed to a list that was delayed to some
subscribers by almost two hours. Logs confirm that Sympa held the tasks that
were to deliver the emails. Meanwhile, Sympa continued to process other tasks
for other lists, including tasks for this particular list, and even
distributed other messages to all subscribers for this list for which this
particular message was delayed. System health was fine during this period,
showing no indication of performance problems. Logs also don’t indicate any
errors or problems. Our Sympa version is 6.1.11.

This list has other lists included as sublist/children, so not all
subscribers are direct subscribers of the list. I thought that perhaps that
had something to do with it because I know that Sympa processes tasks at
various intervals, but none of the five subscribers seem to have anything in
common in terms of their subscriptions to the parent or child lists. In fact,
some subscribers are directly subscribed to the main list to which the
delayed email was sent. I have noticed that messages distributed to this list
are always distributed to the same sets of recipients. I am not sure why.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim