en - RE: [sympa-users] Moderation, non-silent Rejection and Backscatter

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Asbed Bedrossian <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Moderation, non-silent Rejection and Backscatter
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 21:45:02 +0000

> I’d like to configure the list so that: A) it does not send a notification
> submitters that a submission is held up for moderation; and B) quiet
> rejection/distribution - are the default.

(B)
To change the default for rejection/distribution notifications on the web
page, you need to edit the web template so that the checkbox for 'reject
without notification' defaults to being checked. To do this, copy your
default modindex.tt2 file into your /etc/sympa/web_tt2 directory (or wherever
you have configured to store this) and edit it to add 'CHECKED=1' to the
INPUT tag with name "quiet":

<input type=checkbox name="quiet" checked="1">[%|loc %]Reject without
notification [%END%]</option>

(A)
To prevent senders from receiving a "You email is being queued for
moderation" email, you need to change the Send Scenario configuration. Copy
the default scenari/send.XXX file (for the XXX scenario) to your
/etc/sympa/scenari directory (or wherever you have configured this to be).
For example, the 'send.editorkey' or 'send.announcekey'. Now you can
customise it without risking your changed being overwritten by a future
upgrade.

In the scenario definition, you will find a line that ends with "->
editorkey". This is the line that tells sympa to send the message for
moderation. Change this to be "-> editorkey,quiet" to prevent notification
of queuing from being sent to the sender. Note that you can also add the
',quiet' suffix to the 'do_it' and 'reject' actions and other scenari in
order to prevent notifications from being sent out.

HTH

Steve

Steve Shipway
T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487