en - Re: [sympa-users] bulk.pl keeps crashing

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: Youcef N Baouchi <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] bulk.pl keeps crashing
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 12:46:06 +0900

Hi Youcef,

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:46:20 +0000
"Youcef N Baouchi" (via sympa-users Mailing List)
<address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi Ikeda,
>
> Are you suggesting that the same thing occurred to everyone who reported
> this issue?

I don't know. I'm suggesting that it is worth checking if memory
of Linux server doesn't get into fragmentation.

> If that's the case why hasn't this issue appeared in previous versions of
> sympa?

As of Sympa 6.2, some spools were moved from database to filesystem.
Change on usage of page cache might quicken fragmentation. However,
it's no more than my guess.

Or maybe, there is another reason of crash. Mail traffic on your
site has been increasing, just for example. Information specific to
the server helps to know true reason of problem on specific server.

Regards,

-- Soji