en - RE: [sympa-users] bulk.pl keeps crashing

  • From: "McLaren, Terrence M" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] bulk.pl keeps crashing
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:04:47 +0000

Here’s an example of the bulk.pl settings which are included in sympa.conf.  We run 9  instance of bulk.pl  to handle the load on our server.  You may need more or less.

Hope this helps,

-Terry McLaren

  University of Illinois

---------------------------------------

###\\\\ Bulk mailer ////###

## Default priority for a packet to be sent by bulk.

sympa_packet_priority   5

## Minimum number of packets in database before the bulk forks to increase sending rate

bulk_fork_threshold     1

## Max number of bulks that will run on the same server bulk_max_count 9

## The number of seconds a slave bulk will remain running without processing a ## message before it spontaneously dies.

bulk_lazytime  9999

## The number of seconds a bulk sleeps between starting a new loop if it ## didn't find a message to send.Keep it small if you want your server to be reactive.

bulk_sleep    1

## Number of seconds a master bulk waits between two packets number checks.

## Keep it small if you expect brutal increases in the message sending load.

bulk_wait_to_fork       10