en - RE: [sympa-users] Quiet subscriber adding by default

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Marten Mattisen <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Quiet subscriber adding by default
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 21:15:00 +0000

Yes, this is easy to do, and we’ve done it here long ago.

The following is for 6.1.x but is likely similar in 6.2.x

To do it, you need to override the default web_tt2/ add_request.tt2 (for the bulk add), and  web_tt2/search.tt2 AND web_tt2/review.tt2 for the single add in the Subscribers page.

If you do not have a customised copy in /etc/sympa/web_tt2 (or your global web dir) then copy it from the Sympa defaults/web_tt2 dir to here before editing it (do not edit the defaults/web_tt2 file as it will be overwritten by your next upgrade).

In these files, search for a pair of lines like this:

   <input class="MainMenuLinks" type="submit" name="action_add" value="[%|loc%]Add[%END%]" />

Make sure the first one says ‘action_add’!  Then, add  checked="1" into the checkbox definition:

Note that, in the add_request.tt2, the checkbox ID is ‘quiet’ rather than ‘quietly’.  I don’t know why.

Once you have done this, restart your web server (to force the fastcgi processes to restart and reload) and it will now make the Add checkbox default to being checked.

The good thing about Sympa’s structure is that of course you can make this change globally, or per-domain, or even per-list, by placing the customised tt2 files in the appropriate location.

On our server, this is the heirachy of locations for the tt2 web files:

  /var/lib/sympa/list_data/domain.example.com/listname/web_tt2  (per list)

  /etc/sympa/domain.example.com/web_tt2 (per virtual domain)

  /etc/sympa/web_tt2 (global)

  /usr/share/sympa/default/web_tt2 (do not edit this one as it comes with the package.  Copy the file from here to edit elsewhere)

Steve

Steve Shipway

T: +64 9 3737 599 ext 86487

E: address@concealed