en - RE: [sympa-users] Help!!! - sympa.pl is dying - fixed, but

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Help!!! - sympa.pl is dying - fixed, but
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 04:21:10 +0000

Which version of Sympa?

This question came up a few weeks back with someone else. I mentioned then
that I had only experienced the problem myself when running 6.1.x with an
outdated MIME::Charset perl module (prior to 1.11.3), which was unable to
decode a message subject line containing MIME-encoded accented characters.
Soji also mentioned this as a fixed issue.

Other people mentioned that it can be caused by file system full and similar.

Your issue looks like a process stuck in a busy Disk-Wait state and new
processes being spawned to replace it... not like my problem. You might like
to shut down Sympa and run an fsck on your /var filesystem (or wherever Sympa
is living)

Soji mentioned about unreapable zombies of bulk.pl -- which sounds like this.
He says it is likely fixed in 6.2.12

See Soji's message of 16/12/15 in the mailing list archives for the full
details

HTH

Steve

Steve Shipway