en - [sympa-users] Help!!! - sympa.pl is dying

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Help!!! - sympa.pl is dying
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 18:54:53 -0500

Hi Folks,

Our server crashed the other day, and since restoring it, I've been having a rather perplexing (and debilitating) problem with sympa.

../sympa start
- all the processes start

within a few minutes:
- ../sympa status shows that sympa.pl has died ("sympa died, pid file remains")
- can't seem to find anything in the log file to explain things
- ps shows that sympa.pl is still running, but in state "D" (uninterruptable sleep)
- and, it seems to start eating up more and more CPU cycles (and maybe other resources)
- system load avg. starts climbing to the point of slowing the system to a crawl

I have to kill the process manually to restore everything else.

Any thoughts on what might be going on, or what I might do to diagnose things

Thanks!

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra