en - Re: [sympa-users] Misdirected -request messages

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Misdirected -request messages
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 17:24:41 +0100

Just so you know, we got rid of a lot of list-request addresses in from fields to replace them with sympa.
So the symptom should disappear soon.

Cheers,

David

Le 12/11/2015 18:09, Mark F. Heiman a écrit :
We’ve recently begun to see a lot of problems with people sending messages to the listname-request@ address, rather than the listname@ address, not realizing that their message isn’t being seen by the list subscribers.  Apparently the -request address is getting into their address books through other Sympa interactions, and autofill does the rest. The listowners often don’t realize that they’ve gotten a misdirected message, thinking it just came through the list.

Ideally, I’d love to be able to set up some sort of auto reply on all the -request addresses, confirming that the message has been sent to the list owners (and only to the list owners).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Mark F. Heiman
Carleton College Web Services
address@concealed

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21