en - [sympa-users] Misdirected -request messages

  • From: "Mark F. Heiman" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Misdirected -request messages
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 11:09:15 -0600

We’ve recently begun to see a lot of problems with people sending messages to
the listname-request@ address, rather than the listname@ address, not
realizing that their message isn’t being seen by the list subscribers.
Apparently the -request address is getting into their address books through
other Sympa interactions, and autofill does the rest. The listowners often
don’t realize that they’ve gotten a misdirected message, thinking it just
came through the list.

Ideally, I’d love to be able to set up some sort of auto reply on all the
-request addresses, confirming that the message has been sent to the list
owners (and only to the list owners).

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Mark F. Heiman
Carleton College Web Services