en - Re: [sympa-users] using https

  • From: John Sweeney <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] using https
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:26:41 +1100

After installing 6.2.9 my own fix, editing wwsympa.fcgi no longer works either. on login, it redirects to http://.... instead of to https:// where ALL transactions with apache occur.

On 09/10/15 00:54, David Verdin wrote:
address@concealed"> Hi,

Warren is right: Sympa is just a receptor. It dosn't care which port you use. Apache does all the work.

This configuration redirects anything from 80 to 443. Note that this is a "Sympa only" configuration, i.e. for a server that only runs Sympa. Is you have other rules, there could be some concurrency between rules involved.

Try it and tell us if it works.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/static-sympa
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !=on [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) https://%{SERVER_NAME}$1 [QSA,R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^/?$ https://%{SERVER_NAME}/sympa [QSA,R=301,L]

Alias /static-sympa /usr/local/sympa/static_content

Regards,

David