en - RE: [sympa-users] Whitelist/Modlist for Sympa 6.2

  • From: "John R Levine" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Steve Shipway" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "John Levine" <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Whitelist/Modlist for Sympa 6.2
  • Date: 4 Oct 2015 20:20:19 -0400

So, basically, when a custom_action module is called, the parameters are
($listref, $arg0.'\0'.$arg1,@args) where @args are split by '/', ...

No, it looks like it's just ($cap, $list) where $cap and $list are arguments to _ca_process() passed from do_lca(). The value of $cap passed into do_lca is split on '/'

my $cap = [split '/', $in{'cap'}];

The value of $list is just appended to the arguments via unshift

I agree it's pretty horrible, looks like the code hasn't had a lot of attention paid to it lately.

As far as the other report of the whitelist.txt not being created goes, my
only guess is filesystem permissions, as that part (at least) works on our
system.

Same problem, since it's the same code.

TL;DR - I'm doing nonstandard things with the cap parameter, which breaks it
like this. I wish there were another way to pass parameters to the process()
function.

How many people other than use actually use this interface? It wouldn't be hard to de-uglify if there isn't a problem of backward compatibility.

Regards,
John Levine, address@concealed, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY