en - [sympa-users] Unsubscribe link in footer

  • From: Steve Rich <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Unsubscribe link in footer
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 15:29:43 +0000

Hi everyone,

We are looking into an easy means to apply an unsubscribe link to the bottom of all message for a majority of our lists.  So far, I have toyed with idea of list families to accomplish this and it seems like the best solution.

The implementation strategy that I’m looking at is as follows:
  1. Create a series of families that describe the lists in our environment.
  2. Configure the families to apply the configs, parameter constraints, and message footers.
  3. Instantiate the families to apply the configs to the lists.
The part that I’m now struggling with is how to actually ensure that new list requests from our users put the lists in the appropriate family.  I didn’t see anything in the documentation that suggests that this is possible.  If it is, how do you ensure that new lists are created as part of a family.  Is that accomplished using the family_name list config option?  Does the family need to be instantiated every time a new list is added to the family?

Lastly, is there a better way to enforce or at least default to an unsubscribe link footer that I am overlooking?

Thanks,
Steve

  • [sympa-users] Unsubscribe link in footer, Steve Rich, 09/03/2015