en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 12:04:56 +0900

David and folks,

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 11:44:00 +0200
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi Soji,
>
> Le 14/06/15 09:16, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
> > Olivier and all,
> >
> > I tweaked new skin to catch up changes on internals of Sympa
> > during your work. I also fixed a few insignificant bugs. I hope it
> > works well.
> >
> > Besides, There are two minor problems I don't know how to fix.
> >
> > - Dropdown menu is not sticky. On top-menu mode (default of
> > this skin), login dropdown disappears when I leave mouse and
> > mouse cursor is out of focus. This behavior seems not desirable.
> I don't see the problem in that case.
> It seems natural to me that a drop down menu disappears when your mouse
> pointer is no longer hovering it. Or maybe I did not understand what you
> see?

It depends.

On mobile terminal, I need only one finger (or anything to peck the
panel). So it is in sense that dropdown is sticky.

On desktop machine, contrary to expectations, operation is more
inconvenient: I need _three_ hands. I click the menu, throw mouse
away and stand ready for typing, but at that time, mouse cursor
often misses the focus... Haven't you have such experience?

If sticky dropdown is hard to implement, separate login page can be
considerable.

Besides, seamless transition between desktop and mobile interfaces
done by Massey University looks marvelous. I love it.

Regards,

--- Soji

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児