en - RE: [sympa-users] Sympa breaks PGP/MIME

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Stefan Hölzle <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Sympa breaks PGP/MIME
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 22:29:35 +0000

> I noticed Sympa breaks PGP/MIME messages.
> After some investigation, I noticed that re-wraps the mail's content and
> hence breaks the signature.

We have a similar issue with S/MIME. I have to have a special scenario
defined on mailmerge lists, or ones that add a header/footer, so that signed
messages are rejected (since they cannot be merged or modified). Strangely,
although Sympa is supposed to disable mailmerge when there is a signature,
often it does not and so you get a broken signature at the recipient.

My preferred option would be if Sympa could remove the signature (if
modification is required), and sign with its own certificate (if it has one).
This is not an option yet though... list certificates appear to only be used
for incoming encryption, not for signing.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed