en - Re: [sympa-users] auto-population of very large lists

  • From: Amos <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] auto-population of very large lists
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 14:37:21 -0600

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 2:51 AM, David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:
Hi Asbed,

I think that what take time is that, when you disaply the list of list memebers, Sympa tries to update it on the fly with the datasources.
You could simply disable on the fly sync_include by setting the 'distribution_ttl' parameter to a very large value.
Then display the list in the web interface or run a SOAP request to review it. This will be the starting point of the wait between two on-the-fly sync includes. The second one will never happen, as you will have put a very long delay

Oh wow, yes, setting 'distribution_ttl' to a really huge number does help!

Then, to keep your list up-to-date with datasources, each time you update the file used as source, delete the sync_include task for this list. One minute later, the task_manager will find the task missing and execute it.

How specifically do I go about doing that?

This would work for us because we only update these files at most once a day, late in the evening.

Thanks!

Best regards,

David