en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2b.2 Errors

  • From: Brian Eliassen <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 6.2b.2 Errors
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 11:54:13 -0800

Hello David,

Sorry for the delay in the reply. Here are the answers to your questions and a few other items I've discovered within 6.2b.2. I will finish my installation and then upgrade to 6.2b.3 and I'll let you know if I discover anything else.

- db creation: Once I started sympa.pl, it successfully updated the tables that were created with create_db.mysql from the 6.1.24 package. Having this process automated is a major improvement.
- The following CPAN modules failed and were manually installed. After each of these, I attempted to run the "sympa_wizard.pl --check" command to complete the installation automatically.
DBD::mysql - This failed the "make test" with a "__gxx_personality_v0: referenced symbol not found" error. The perl Makefile.pl was created with my --testpassword value and -- mysql_config=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config to read in variables. However, the Makefile needed to have "-lstdc++" added to the LDLOADLIBS line as the code is attempting a g++ call from within gcc. Once this was done, it tested and installed properly. I know, not your problem but I've let the DBD::mysql author know.
MIME::Lite - This module is reporting a huge number of errors on CPAN Testers. I did the normal build but "make test" had most tests fail. However, I did a "make install" without incident so I'm crossing my fingers on this one.
XML::LibXML - The current module, 2.0117 is so buggy, I had to downgrade to 2.0113 to get it to build properly. Again, CPAN Testers says the latest version is all screwed up.
- The following CPAN modules entered an error loop within the "sympa_wizard.pl --check" script but were successfully installed manually with the "install" command within CPAN. After each of these, I attempted to run the "sympa_wizard.pl --check" command to complete the installation automatically.
Module::Runtime
Module::Implementation
Exporter::Tiny
Params::Validate