en - Re: [sympa-users] Global defaults for ldap

  • From: Tornóci László <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Global defaults for ldap
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 16:05:15 +0100

On 12/15/2014 01:09 PM, Clemens Bergmann wrote:
Hi there,

I manage a little sympa instance for a company. Most of our Sympa lists
are based on ldap groups. Currently all groups specify all connection
details (host, bind-dn, password, basic filter, etc..). Is there a
possibilty to store them in one location and only save the details
distict for each list (e.g. specific filter) in the list config?

Thanks
Clemens
Hi,

I use list families for this.
I put the common ldap stuff in the config.tt2 of the list family:

[% IF ldap -%]
include_ldap_2level_query
name [% ldap.name %]
host ldap.myhost.com
passwd very_secrete
user uid=sympa-proxy,ou=People,dc=myhost,dc=com
use_ssl yes
ssl_version sslv3
ssl_ciphers ALL
attrs1 uniquemember
filter1 [% ldap.filter %]
scope1 one
suffix1 ou=Groups,dc=myhost,dc=com
select1 all
timeout1 30
attrs2 mail,displayName
filter2 (objectClass=person)
scope2 base
suffix2 [attrs1]
select2 all
timeout2 30
[% END %]

And I put the list specific ldap stuff in the list family definition xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<family>
<list>
<ldap>
<name>test1</name>
<filter>(&amp;(objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames) (cn=test1))</filter>
</ldap>
</list>
<list>
</family>

I think vanilla sympa 6.1.22 won't return the user's name from ldap without a patch, only the email address. But that was not your point anyway.

Yours: Laszlo