en - Re: [sympa-users] upgrade and move to a new server, cookie troubles.

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] upgrade and move to a new server, cookie troubles.
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 00:01:29 +0100

Mandi! Steve Shipway
In chel di` si favelave...

> It looks as if you have local passwords in your database, encrypted with
> the 'cookie' parameter in your sympa.conf.
> However, when you copied the database over from your old server to the new
> one, you did not ensure that the 'cookie' parameter in sympa.conf was the
> same on the new server as it was on the old server.

No. I've copied from the old to the new install the file
/etc/sympa/cookie that contains the 'cookie' sympa.conf parameters, and my
sympa installation works flawlessy.

Simply if there's no /etc/sympa/cookies.history file sympa complain about:

> Dec 3 06:53:15 armitage sympa[17171]: err tools::cookie_changed()
> Unable to create /etc/sympa/cookies.history

if i create an (empty) /etc/sympa/cookies.history file with:

> touch /etc/sympa/cookies.history
> chown sympa.sympa /etc/sympa/cookies.history
> chmod 640 /etc/sympa/cookies.history

sympa refuse to start with error (note: i've not touched /etc/sympa/cookie,
only create an empty /etc/sympa/cookies.history):

> Dec 2 06:39:45 armitage sympa[10992]: sympa.conf/cookie parameter
> has changed. You may have severe inconsitencies into password storage.
> Restore previous cookie or write some tool to re-encrypt password in
> database and check spools contents (look at /etc/sympa/cookies.history file)

so, my simple question is: what i've to put on /etc/sympa/cookies.history so
sympa stop complain me but also does not bombs out? ;-)

I hope i was clear now. Thanks.

--
È facile battere le ortiche col pisello degli altri!
(Diego)