en - [sympa-users] upgrade and move to a new server, cookie troubles.

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] upgrade and move to a new server, cookie troubles.
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:42:37 +0100

I've moved my sympa installation fron debian squeeze (6.0.1+dfsg-4+squeeze2)
to debian wheezy (6.1.11~dfsg-5+deb7u1), moving also to a new server.

I've first installed sympa on the new server, then stopped it, restore db,
files and configuration and then i've run the upgrade process.
All went well.

But i receive ever day a warning like:

Dec 3 06:53:15 armitage sympa[17171]: err tools::cookie_changed()
Unable to create /etc/sympa/cookies.history

there's no /etc/sympa/cookies.history file, so i've simply tried to create
it empty:

touch /etc/sympa/cookies.history
chown sympa.sympa /etc/sympa/cookies.history
chmod 640 /etc/sympa/cookies.history

but now, sympa refuse to start:

Dec 2 06:39:45 armitage sympa[10992]: sympa.conf/cookie parameter
has changed. You may have severe inconsitencies into password storage.
Restore previous cookie or write some tool to re-encrypt password in database
and check spools contents (look at /etc/sympa/cookies.history file)

How can i fix this? Thanks.

--
Se si insegna a un bambino a programmare in qualche linguaggio
informatico, questo esercizio logico lo renderĂ  padrone e non