en - RE: [sympa-users] Role for subscription management

  • From: Youcef N Baouchi <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>, Christian HUTTER <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Role for subscription management
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:13:21 -0700

cool. thanks . I will look into this.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

-------- Original message --------
From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
Date:11/13/2014 4:07 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: Christian HUTTER <address@concealed>, address@concealed

Yes, you can do this -- we do it here.

Use scenari to grant moderators (editors) rights to Add, Del, and Review on the list.  Then they can maintain membership.

HOWEVER, you will need to have a recent (6.1.19 or later I think?) version of Sympa, or else make a slight edit to the Perl modules, since earlier versions deny these functions to all but listmasters and owners in the code.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead