en - RE: [sympa-users] LISA14 in Seattle, November 9-14

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] LISA14 in Seattle, November 9-14
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 22:45:51 +0000

LISA’14 conference attendees and people living in Seattle --

This year, the LISA conference is being held in the Sheraton hotel in downtown Seattle, between 9th-14th November.

https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa14

As I mentioned last week, I’m running an Email Admins BoF session at LISA’14 on Tue 11th Nov at 8pm in the Madrona room; I’d be interested to meet up with people to discuss experiences and share ideas.   I’ll look into the possibility of setting up something Skypey so that the Sympa dev team can say hi during the BoF; however since the BoF is intended for general Email administration (not just mailing lists and Sympa) there will also be…

On Monday 10th evening at 6:30pm, I’m planning a Sympa-admins dinner trip.  Meet up in the Sheraton lobby at 6pm, and we can walk around the corner to the Cheesecake Factory restaurant for dinner -- http://locations.thecheesecakefactory.com/wa/seattle-43.html -- which looks fun (I have a weakness for cheesecake…).  Will expect to be back in time to attend 8pm BoFs (“Women in advanced computing” anyone?)

I’ve heard from 4 Sympa admins so far who intend to be at LISA, so hopefully we can form a small group to talk Sympa and eat cheesecake.  I will also place a notification about this on the social noticeboard at LISA so as to catch anyone else.

If you’re planning to come to the dinner on Monday, please drop me a confirmation (otherwise, we might accidentally leave you behind – or more likely, I’ll be left all on my own if nobody wants to come!)  I picked Monday so that it doesn’t clash with the BoFs on Tue/Wed or the Thu reception.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Steve

Steve Shipway

address@concealed

  • RE: [sympa-users] LISA14 in Seattle, November 9-14, Steve Shipway, 10/28/2014