en - [sympa-users] Notifying listowners of bouncing addresses immediately

  • From: Michael Howe <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Notifying listowners of bouncing addresses immediately
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 12:36:11 +0100

Hello list,

Is there a way to notify list owners immediately by when an address
starts to bounce? I had hoped that welcome_return_path[0] when set to
'owner' would do that, but it doesn't seem to - instead, it simply sets
the return path to the robot's return_path_suffix[1]. (This is
generally set to '-owner', which I guess is why the option is called
that? In our install it's actually set to -return, because -owner is an
alias for -request for backwards compatibility with our old system.)

I've tried tweaking bouncers_level1 and setting the threshold to 1, but
that doesn't seem to do what I want either.

Can anyone suggest a way to achieve this?

(This is being requested by a user who owns all lists in a robot, so we
could make robot-wide changes if needed. They want the email
notifications because with >500 lists, checking each one manually is
rather a chore. We're running sympa 6.1.17 from Debian, with a few
local customizations and backports from later versions.)

Many thanks,

Michael

0: http://www.sympa.org/manual/parameters-bounces#welcome_return_path
1: http://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part3#return_path_suffix

--
Michael Howe, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford