en - RE: [sympa-users] I'm not able to delete an user...

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] I'm not able to delete an user...
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 22:30:42 +0000

> Sep 22 23:08:12 rita wwsympa[23525]: info [robot liste.mydomain] [session
> 91762009202501] [client some] [user me@my] [list ac-sa-annunci]
> main::do_del() do_del() Sep 22 23:08:12 rita wwsympa[23525]: info [robot
> liste.mydomain] [session 91762009202501] [client some] [user me@my] [list
> ac-sa-annunci] main::do_del() do_del: me@my may not del

It looks as though me@my (I take it this is the email addr you logged in as)
does not have 'del' permission to the list, and so may not delete someone's
subscription (which would actually be to delete a subscribed member, or add
an external-datasource user to the Exclude list). This permission is
controlled by the 'del' scenario, and does not automatically grant
permission to listmaster.

Go to the 'Edit list config' admin page for the list, and under 'Privileges'
look for 'Who can delete subscribers (del)' (or the equivalent in Italian :)

Check the scenario you are using here -- you probably want one that allows
the owner/moderator/listmaster ?

Now, in some (all?) versions of Sympa, an 'is_owner' check will always give
True if you are listmaster -- in our version, we've patched it so that
listmasters must explicitly be given permission; there's been some
discussion about this in the support list recently. However, if your 'del'
setting is 'closed' then under standard Sympa, even the listmaster cannot
remove someone from the list.

HTH:)

Steve

Steve Shipway