en - Re: [sympa-users] Quietly rejecting spam (un)subscribe messages

  • From: Michael Howe <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Quietly rejecting spam (un)subscribe messages
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 17:04:47 +0100

On 28/08/14 22:58, Steve Shipway wrote:
>> Is there a way to make Sympa silently drop the messages, or do I need to
>> submit a bug (and potentially a patch)?
>
> We have a spam-detection scenario defined using the spam_status setting in
> the sympa.conf (instead of using the antispam_tag_header_* settings) that
> checks for certain headers and subject line tags inserted by our mail
> gateway. (Sympa 6.1.19)
>
> I think that if this returns a 'spam' status then the request is dropped?

Aha, thanks for the pointer! The docs[0] aren't as clear as they could
be, and I need to backport a fix until we can upgrade to 6.1.19[1], but
that's got me looking in the right direction!

Cheers,

Michael

0: http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/antispam
1:
https://sourcesup.renater.fr/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=7825&group_id=23&atid=167

--
Michael Howe, Systems Development and Support Section
IT Services, University of Oxford

  • Re: [sympa-users] Quietly rejecting spam (un)subscribe messages, Michael Howe, 09/03/2014