en - [sympa-users] list_check_smtp alternative

  • From: Chris Peck <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] list_check_smtp alternative
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 16:08:54 -0400

I’m getting ready to upgrade to 6.1.22 and going through the sympa.conf
parameters to set them to ‘reasonable’ values. One that I’ve come across,
that I have to set is the list_check_smtp and list_check_suffixes. All of
our email to the Sympa server goes through a gateway system that cleanses it
and them passes it on. It also allows sending email to address@concealed
(although the Sympa Server exists at lists.domain.com). This requires me to
check requests for new lists against the SMTP server for that domain
(although, I could look in LDAP to find the same information). Setting this
works fine, except, our SMTP servers have a delay on response set (which I
can’t seem to tweak for the Sympa server). This effects the response for
creating lists - it slows it down. considerably.

The question is, is there another way to test the existence of a list email
address, either via LDAP, or, even modify the behavior for list_check_smtp so
that it simply checks if the existence of the email address of just the list
exists without specifying list_check_suffixes (have the default set to none,
just look for address@concealed)?

Thanks,
chris

---
Chris Peck
Information Technology
College of William and Mary
Williamsburg, VA 23187

  • [sympa-users] list_check_smtp alternative, Chris Peck, 08/10/2014