en - RE: [sympa-users] anonymous_sender

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Kurt Stas <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] anonymous_sender
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 07:06:48 +0000

The whole point of the anonymous option is to completely hide the identity of the sender... so showing their name would be counter-productive, I think.

However, if all you want to do is to hide the sender's email address but show their name, then you might be able to use the new DMARC-protection option in the new 6.1.22 release to achieve this.  If you set it to dmarc_protection_mode=all (so that it applies to all emails to the list), then set dmarc_protection_phrase=display_name (so the sender display name is preserved), and finally put the anonymiser email address in dmarc_protection_other_email (so this is the email address used to replace the original sender's address), then you should find that all emails to this list end up with the original display name but the anonymised sender email.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead