en - [sympa-users] apt-get not working

  • From: Mark Van Crombrugge <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] apt-get not working
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:44:18 +0100

We want to install a newer version of Sympa on a new Ubuntu system but the
installation fails every time.
Meanwhile we created the database using the script but to no avail.

When checking /usr/share/dbconfig-common/internal/mysql, some database names
are available but mysql is missing.

sudo apt-get install sympa
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
sympa is already the newest version.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Setting up sympa (6.1.7~dfsg-2) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/sympa.config: 94: .: Can't open
/usr/share/dbconfig-common/internal/mysql
dpkg: error processing sympa (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2
sympa

  • [sympa-users] apt-get not working, Mark Van Crombrugge, 03/26/2014