en - RE: [sympa-users] Mass updating of configuration?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Tobias Wolter <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Mass updating of configuration?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 21:51:04 +0000

As David said, you'll need to reinstantiate the family from the original XML
and family definition if you change the definition. If you've not kept the
XML then you'll need to recreate it somehow - there is no utility (that I
know
of) to generate the XML from the list configs, though you might be able to
write one for yourself.

We do something like this for class mailing lists in a family; the XML is
generated periodically from a separate database export, and we keep this on
hand with the family definitions, so we can recreate the family whenever we
change either the XML or the family definition.

Steve

Steve Shipway
address@concealed