en - Re: [sympa-users] Tickets incompatible with some anti-malware tools

  • From: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Tickets incompatible with some anti-malware tools
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 09:03:23 -0800

So the only solution I see is for you to encourage your users to change
for another anti-phishing solution or, at least, to switch the "links
visit functionnality" off.

For what it's worth, we've started seeing this problem with our users too - and we have no control at all over subscribers' email systems. Hundreds of clients host their lists on our server, and their lists contain hundreds or thousands of users from around the world, so there are at least two levels of disconnect between subscribers' choices and our ability to influence them.

We know one-time ticketing is in use in many places, and I see no obvious way on the server side to deal with this client-side issue of malware scanners, but I just wanted to chime in. This is an issue we're going to see more of, and have no way of responding to.

But maybe, I don't know, could they be *two-time* tickets...? (In fact, that would also help with another issue we see: people sometimes double-click the ticket link, thus accidentally blocking themselves.)

adam

--
Electric Embers Cooperative
Handcrafted hosting, powering the fires of change