en - [sympa-users] Images and bandwidth

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Images and bandwidth
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:59:17 -0800

Hi --

I have a Sympa user who is prone to including lots of images in his
newsletter HTML emails. He uses MS Outlook to compose the messages.
This ends up being kind of messy.
The images are embedded in each email, so it ends up taking a long time
and lots of bandwidth to send out his mailing. He is not very
technically savvy.

Is there any way to make Sympa convert the embedded images into image
*references*, that is, links to image files that are accessible via the
web site running Sympa ?

Also, is it possible/practical to use the Shared Documents area for him
to upload images, or HTML documents, to be mailed?

I guess a more general question would be How are people using Sympa with
sending HTML mailings?
Is there any support available for doing that, or do I have to compose
the HTML by hand (or using an HTML editor), upload images with FTP, etc.?

Liam

--
Liam Kirsher
PGP: http://liam.numenet.com/pgp/

  • [sympa-users] Images and bandwidth, Liam Kirsher, 01/14/2014