en - RE: [sympa-users] Running the sympa web interface on the root instead of /sympa

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Dick Visser'" <address@concealed>, "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Running the sympa web interface on the root instead of /sympa
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 22:02:25 +0000

> I'm trying to configure apache so that the Sympa web interface URL is
> the root of the web site (/), and not /sympa.
> This seems to be impossible because the static content is now inside
> the root, and requests are being handled by fcgid instead.

I don't believe this will work, as you still need /sympasoap and
/static-sympa, not to mention things like /cgi-bin. You can't allocate /
(and everything under it) to just one of these.

The way we achieve useability is just to have a redirect set up so that
/index.html --> /sympa

You could also set up some RedirectMatch rules so that ANY URL other than
^/(sympa|static-sympa|sympasoap) gets redirected to /sympa if you want. We
have some rather complex rules that map the URLs used in MailMan to their
corresponding URLs in Sympa, for the benefit of migration and bookmarked
archive URLs from beforehand.

The only time I can see you'd want to do this is so that the default page is
/sympa, and a redirect set up in / can achieve that. From then onwards
everything is under /sympa.

If for some reason you don't want the name 'sympa' in there, you can redefine
this to be something else like /list but it seems more trouble than it's
worth.

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: address@concealed
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail :
打印本邮件,将减少一棵树存活的机会