en - Re: [sympa-users] mhonarc error after last debian update

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] mhonarc error after last debian update
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:34:04 +0200

Le 24/10/13 21:56, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :
Mandi! David Verdin
  In chel di` si favelave...

Maybe the Sympa user doesn't have the rights to execute the mhonarc
command anymore; did you check this?
Yes. I've digged that trouble today better, and found that error happens
*one* time for every list, eg, like if sympa have to ''setup'' something.
Weird. Sympa doesn't have to setup anything. It can execute MHonArc or not.
In addition, If Sympa meets an error likely to prevent it from using the MhOnArc command, it should meet it always. Sympa doesn't "fix" external programs.
I can't find what the exit code 2 means, which is sad because it would probably explain a lot. And I can't find the options to debug.

So we need to guess. Here are a few things to check:

  • Sympa calls the mhonarc command line on a file located in the outgoing spool. Does the outgoing spool has the good rights? You can stop the archived.pl daemon and see what you find in the spools,
  • Sympa has the rights to execute mhonarc command line, otherwise you wouls have an explicit error. however, does mhonarc executes with the right user id? It should be Sympa user id. You can check it with the following command:
  • while test 1=1; do ps -ef | grep -i mhon; sleep 1; done
  • As soon as a message is archived, you will see the MhonArc command. The process should belong to sympa.
By any chance, could it be possible that you upgraded at the beginning of the month, i.e. when Sympa needs to create a new directory in the archives? It might create it correctly but, for some reason, return an error code. This could explain why the error shows up only once per list.

Last question: what version of MHonArc do you use? You can check it with /usr/bin/mhonarc -v

Regards,

David

So, for every list, after that error alla subsequent messages got correctly
''mhonarc-ized''.

Boh.

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!

David Verdin
Études et projets applicatifs

Tél : +33 2 23 23 69 71
Fax : +33 2 23 23 71 21