en - Re: [sympa-users] Change main robot domain keep alias

  • From: Nuno Marques <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Change main robot domain keep alias
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:47:06 +0100

Hello David,

On 10/24/2013 10:26 AM, David Verdin wrote:
address@concealed"> Hi Nuno,

Le 22/10/13 13:01, Nuno Marques a écrit :
address@concealed"> Hello everyone,

I have a sympa server that receives emails to lists on the domain listas.xpto.pt and listas.another.pt, listas.another.pt it's an alias to listas.xpto.pt, so every list can receive email to both domains, eg, address@concealed is the same as address@concealed

So far every email the list sends to a subscriber goes as address@concealed as this is the main robot domain.

I have to change the main domain so that a mail sent by sympa goes as address@concealed, but I'd still want to receive email to the list when using the alias listas.xpto.pt.

If I change the main robot domain to listas.another.pt, will sympa behave and keep receiving email to both domain, but send from new main robot domain?
Yes, provided you handled redirections correctly.
The trick with such a setting is to make sure that each mail reaches the main robot.
Example: You have one robot with domain a.tld. You want it to accept mails addressed to domain b.tld. Tou must then rewrite addresses in "b.tld' to "a.tld". this way, the addresse "address@concealed" will finally be handled as "address@concealed" and consequently match the Sympa aliases.

Using sendmail , I have this configuration:

I have this line in sendmail.mc:
FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl

And this one in /etc/mail/virtusertable:
@a.tld       a.tld-%1%3
@b.tld       a.tld-%1%3

The aliases Sympa generates have the following form:

a.tld-mylist: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
a.tld-mylist-request: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
a.tld-mylist-editor: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
a.tld-mylist-owner: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed"

So now, if you want to switch, i.e. make b.tld the actual Sympa domain, and a.tld the redirection, all you have to do is:

1- change the Sympa domain in sympa.conf withour restarting

2- change virtusertble to rewrite a.tld.to b.tld:

@a.tld       b.tld-%1%3
@b.tld       b.tld-%1%3

3- change the aliases to replace all occurrences of a.tld to b.tld:

b.tld-mylist: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
b.tld-mylist-request: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
b.tld-mylist-editor: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
b.tld-mylist-owner: "| /usr/local/sympa/bin/bouncequeue address@concealed"

4 Restart Sympa and sendmail

As both domains are already routed to your Sympa server, this operation should be very quick if you script it.

Thanks for your answer but, yesterday I tried to change the domain, after the change all the lists vanished from the web interface.

I'll try to change all the lists config with the following command:

printf "host newdomain.pt\n\n" | tee -a /var/lib/sympa/list_data/*/config

As none of the lists have a custom domain I believe this will do what I need.

Thanks again,

--

Nuno Marques
Núcleo de Administração de Sistemas

Alameda da Universidade    Cidade Universitária
1649-004 Lisboa    PORTUGAL
T. +351 21 044 34 23 - Ext. 30243
E. address@concealed
www.ulisboa.pt