en - RE: [sympa-users] Web access with modmellon?

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Dick Visser <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Web access with modmellon?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 19:33:13 +0000

We're using Sympa with Shibboleth authentication here successfully. We've
also hooked into our LDAP to get the additional metadata (full name, etc) as
our IDP does not provide this metadata (yet). This is also working over
multiple virtual domains, as we have about 10 'robots' defined in our Sympa
installation.

It was surprisingly easy to do, using Apache with mod_shibboleth., shibd etc.
though I've never used mod_mellon. The setup, though, seems to just rely on
setting appropriate auth requirements for a separate directory and then
picking up the AUTH_USER and any metadata from the cgi environment, so it
should be the same whichever method you use... I think.

Steve

Steve Shipway
University of Auckland ITS
UNIX Systems Design Lead