en - [sympa-users] ubuntu package and/or apt issues

  • From: Travis Burrell <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] ubuntu package and/or apt issues
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 15:10:01 +0000

I’m not sure if I’m posting this to the correct place, so please tell me if I should look elsewhere.

We have a Sympa installation on Ubuntu (precise), using the latest via their repo (6.1.7~dfsg-2_amd64.deb).  Our issue is that, whenever an apt-get upgrade is run, no matter if Sympa is involved or not, our /etc/sympa directory is overwritten with defaults.  We have learned to keep backups of our configuration files, but it’s also interrupting service.  The error is very similar, if not identical to what is reported in this posting: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1927186  I am writing here because that thread was closed without resolution.  Perhaps I should be directing my inquiry to the package maintainers?

Thanks in advance for any help.