en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa mirrors

  • From: Alan Hewat <address@concealed>
  • To: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa mirrors
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 01:53:30 +0200

> You can set it on a per-list basis in the web interface in 'Edit list
> config', 'Send/Receive Setup', 'Outgoing SMTP header fields to be removed'

Thanks Steve. That is very interesting.

Actually when I talked to the local Sympa administrator he just
removed the default header 'X-no-archive: yes' globally from the
"sympa.conf" file, since individual administrators can in any case
control whether archiving sites are added to their distribution list
or not.

But your solution is more elegant. I don't really understand the
reason why default is there anyway, since posters cannot remove posts
distributed to a public mailing list any more than they can remove
them from an archiving site. The moving hand... having writ, moves on
:-)

Alan

On 1 August 2013 01:41, Steve Shipway <address@concealed> wrote:
>> Please could you tell me explicitly how I can remove the 'X-no-archive:
>> yes'
>> header for just the mailing list I administer. I see no such
>> possibility in the WWW interface.
>
> You can set it on a per-list basis in the web interface in 'Edit list
> config', 'Send/Receive Setup', 'Outgoing SMTP header fields to be removed'
> (we're running Sympa 6.1.11 with patches)
>
> Of course, your local listmaster might have configured this field as not
> editable by list owners so if this is the case you'll have to talk to your
> local listmaster.
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Shipway
> ITS Unix Services Design Lead
> University of Auckland, New Zealand
> Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
> Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
> DDI: +64 (0)9 923 6487
> Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
> Email: address@concealed
Dr Alan Hewat, NeutronOptics, Grenoble, FRANCE
<address@concealed> +33.476.98.41.68
http://www.NeutronOptics.com/hewat