en - [sympa-users] Restricting postings to a list without a challenge/response.

  • From: "Michael D. Sofka" <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Restricting postings to a list without a challenge/response.
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:03:30 -0400

We are migrating from Listproc to Sympa---an ongoing proces---and we are down to the more difficult lists. There is one list used for a daily, campus-wide newsletter. Under listproc we are using password confirmation, meaning the email body starts with "Confirm:<password>".

There does not appear to be a similar setting in Sympa. The closest I have found is the editorkeyonlyauth and newsletterkeyonly, which send back an email challenge. This would require an auto-responder to accept the challenge, or a moderator to give the final approval, both of which has been rejected by management.

Is there something equivalent to the "password" option with Sympa?

Mike

--
Michael D. Sofka address@concealed
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer, Email, HPC, TeX, Epistemology