en - [sympa-users] X-no-archive header

  • From: nicolas vigier <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] X-no-archive header
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 18:56:30 +0200

Hello,

I noticed that mailman is adding the header X-no-archive to the mails it
is sending to mailing lists subscribers. This is annoying for a mailing
archived on gmane.org, because it makes the messages expire after only
14 days : http://gmane.org/expiry.php

Looking at the source code, it seems this header is added there :
https://sourcesup.renater.fr/scm/viewvc.php/trunk/src/lib/List.pm?revision=7542&root=sympa#l3447

And unfortunately it seems that there is no option to avoid adding this
header, unless I missed it. I have seen the remove_outgoing_headers
option which can be used to remove this header :
http://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part2#remove_outgoing_headers

However if I understand correctly, the option will remove the header in
all cases, when it has been added by sympa, but also when it has been
added by the user sending the email. This makes it impossible to set
this header.

Would it be a good idea to add an option to allow selecting whether
sympa should set the X-no-archive header ? Would you be interested if I
provide a patch to do that ?

Thanks

Nicolas

  • [sympa-users] X-no-archive header, nicolas vigier, 04/11/2013