en - Re: [sympa-users] Unable to get nginx to serve the content through CGI

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Unable to get nginx to serve the content through CGI
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:22:09 +0900

Hi,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 06:58:23 +0200
Dag Erik Vikan <address@concealed> wrote:

> Nginx gives me 502 Bad Gateway and the error log says;
>
> > connect() to unix:/var/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket failed (2: No such
> > file or directory)
>
> An indeed /var/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket does not exist.
>

> I am using the nginx configuration form here;
> http://www.sympa.org/manual/web-interface#web_server_setup
>

> So, all I have done is installed sympa. I have not run any programs.
> Should I do that? I can't find anything in docs on that.

"FastCGI server" must have been started. It provides the socket
which is used by nginx to communicate with wwsympa.fcgi script
(on Apache or lighttpd server is automatically started).

I successfully launced WWSympa with nginx by following steps, ...
however, I had not checked it is fully functional (I usually use
Apache).

- "spawn-fcgi" software must be installed.
http://redmine.lighttpd.net/projects/spawn-fcgi/

- Launch FastCGI server:

# /usr/bin/spawn-fcgi -F 5 -P /var/run/sympa/wwsympa.pid \
-u sympa -g sympa \
-s /var/run/sympa/wwsympa.socket -M 0600 -U nginx \
-- /usr/libexec/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

(users/group/paths might be changed according to your configure options.)

- Launch nginx with configuration described above.

Notes:

* use_fast_cgi parameter must be enabled.

* Neither wwsympa-wrapper nor sudo is used. spawn-fcgi sets
user/group of FastCGI server.

* By configuration described in Sympa manual, top URL seems to be
<http://your.host.dom/> regardless to wwsympa_url parameter in
Sympa config.

Hope this helps.

--- Soji