en - Re: [sympa-users] Amazon SES questions

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Amazon SES questions
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:46:56 +0100

Hi Liam,

Le 08/02/13 00:42, Liam Kirsher a écrit :
address@concealed"> I'm looking into using Amazon SES for delivery, and noticed the following comment ( http://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/manage-sending-limits.html)
Sending limits are based on recipients rather than on messages. For example, an email that has 10 recipients counts as 10 against your quota. However, we do not recommend that you send an email to multiple recipients in one call to SendEmail because if one of the addresses is on the blacklist, the entire email will be rejected and none of the recipients will get the intended email. We recommend that you call SendEmail once for every recipient.
If I go this route I need to make sure I can send a separate email for each recipient.  What is the best way to do that?
You should use the nrcpt parameter (https://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part2#nrcpt). If you set it to 1, you will only make SMTP sessions with only one receipient.
Note that it will certainly greatly decrease you sending rate.

Cheers,

David
address@concealed">
I'm also wondering if anyone else has had experience using Amazon SES?

Liam
--
Liam Kirsher
PGP: http://liam.numenet.com/pgp/

--
A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!
David Verdin