en - [sympa-users] sympa and nginx: where the socket is?

  • From: <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa and nginx: where the socket is?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 00:53:03 +0200

Hi all

I`m in stub. Was just installed the fresh sympa, got all sympa services
started without errors, and greping about 8 hours trought docs, helps, man etc
looking for how can I make sympa start fcgi-wrapper and where the socket is,
so my nginx could connect to it. I see that

<code>
Status of Sympa subsystem:
Status file for subsystem found.
sympa (pid 16685) is active...
bulk (pid 16689) is active...
archived (pid 16694) is active...
bounced (pid 16698) is active...
task_manager (pid 16702) is active...
</code>

and no errors in syslog.

But there`s no socket everywhere in the system.
I think, sympa have to use some paramether in config to point where to create
(or use) that socket, but grepping trought configs, docs on site and files in
sympa/bin directory fave me nothing.

Or maybe I have to start wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi manually, but can`t find any
help on its paramethers.

Please help!

fragment of nginx.conf

<code>
location /listserver {
gzip off;
fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME /srv/sympa/bin/wwsympa-
wrapper.fcgi;
fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $query_string;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD $request_method;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE $content_type;
fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH $content_length;
fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;
fastcgi_param REQUEST_URI $request_uri;
fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR $remote_addr;
fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME $server_name;
}
</code>

system is archlinux, nginx version 1.2.5., mysql 5.5.28

Thanks in advance.

//Dimitri

  • [sympa-users] sympa and nginx: where the socket is?, dimytch, 11/29/2012