en - RE: [sympa-users] »Re:« prepended to moderated message’s subject line

  • From: Steve Shipway <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>, "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] »Re:« prepended to moderated message’s subject line
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 23:27:38 +0000

> using Debian Squeeze with Sympa 6.1.4~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 from the backports
> repository, I noticed that moderated messages get »Re:« prepended in
> front of their subject lines.
>
> Re: [list tag] some subject
>
> Is that a known problem and is it fixed already?

If I understand you correctly, the 'Re:' is prepended by the senders' mail
client when they reply to a list posting, it is not added by Sympa. Sympa
merely notices its presence, and so does not prepend the [list tag] again at
the start since it is already there. This behaviour is by design and so is
not a bug...

If you want the list tag to 'float' to the left then this would be a new
feature (though a nice one, I agree)

Steve

Steve Shipway
ITS Unix Services Design Lead
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Floor 1, 58 Symonds Street, Auckland
Phone: +64 (0)9 3737599 ext 86487
DDI: +64 (0)9 924 6487
Mobile: +64 (0)21 753 189
Email: address@concealed
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail