en - Re: [sympa-users] Suggestion regarding default css.tt2 file: align input boxes

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: "Rynhart, Patrick" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, "Greaney, Richard" <address@concealed>, "Edwards, Jenny" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Suggestion regarding default css.tt2 file: align input boxes
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 12:18:20 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 04.10.2012, 18:47 +1300 schrieb Rynhart, Patrick:
> Out of the box the various forms to modify Sympa options look (in my
> view) untidy as they aren't aligned. One option is to wrap the forms
> into a table, but this involves a lot of customisation of the TT2
> templates (making maintainability of the templates difficult). However,
> there is a simple CSS fix which can be applied. I would like to propose
> that a minor change is made to the default css.tt2 file (as shipped with
> Sympa), to improve the visual appearance of the web (wwsympa) user
> interface (particularly as numerous organisations are deploying Sympa
> with no or minimal customisation from the default theme).
>
> For illustration, for the Sympa "edit_list_request" option (accessible
> at the URL
> http://sympaserver/sympa/edit_list_request/listname/description), adding
> the following to the css.tt2 file:
>
> .edit_list_request_enum label{
> display: block;
> float: left;
> width: 150px;
> }

Very nice! Especially as this fix is so small! I guess these CSS
tags(?)/commands(?) are so basic, all browsers support them.

Could you sent a patch with a commit message so the developers can apply
this change easily?

> results in this before and after:
>
> *Before*
>
> *After:*

Could you just sent plain text messages to lists, that means configure
Thunderbird that way [1]? Adding the images with `before.jpg` and
`after.jpg` would be good enough I guess. (On the other hand in this
case, using HTML it is easily viewable in the archive. :/)

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette