en - Re: [sympa-users] 2 robots give issue to modertation

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] 2 robots give issue to modertation
  • Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 18:15:59 +0200

Hi again,

Le 03/10/12 16:19, christopher pax a écrit :

is is some examples of our configuration

/etc/sympa.conf
## Main robot hostname
domain  lists.example.com

lists.example.com sympa_alias entry:
crazylist: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

vhost directory:
/home/sympa/etc/example.com/
robot.conf

example.com sympa_alias entry:
board: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
OK. This is normal configuration, but risky as any alias is copletely local, without any notion of domain. See below.

It is clear to me, I may have set things upin the wrong way. If i defined a list on the lists.example.com robot with the same name as one on the example.com robot, the moderation release would go to the one defined on lists.example.com.
When you have two robots, you can have two lists with the same name, one on each robot.
The separation at the alias level depends on your MTA.

For example, with sendmail, we use the virtusertable. It is activated through the " FEATURE(virtusertable)" configuration option.

Let's say that lists.example.com is the default domain on your server, then you add the following to the virtusertable file:

@example.com    example.com-%1%3

Then each address for the domain example.com will be declared like this:

example.com-localpart

In your examples, you would have the following alias:

example.com-board: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

I was under the assumption that sympa would be able to under stand which list to work with via the sympa_alias file.
Yes it will and it certainly does. However, you had troubles with the moderation process, i.e. the processing of your "quiet distribute" command. Considering that the mails to the lists on each robot are probably well routed (as you clearly use each domain in the aliases), it is likely that the command was misguided.

In the aliases, you're supposed to configure the sympa command alias as well.

Please check what you defined for address@concealed and address@concealed.

Theoretically, if you didn't change the name of the sympa mail command local part in your configs, you're supposed to have something like this (in the case you're using sendmail with the virtusertable option and lists.example.com is the default mail domain on the server):

sympa    "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"
example.com-sympa    "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

This way, you're sur any command sent to sympa will be forwarede to the right robot.

Regards,

David

if there are more configurations you need to see, let me know.