en - Re: [sympa-users] Fwd: Few patches

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Fwd: Few patches
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:30:50 +0900

Hello Mitar,

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:48:57 +0200
Mitar <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am attaching few patches (tested on 6.1.7) which we have been using
> on our Sympa installation for some time and fix some problems we were
> having with Sympa. Feel free to include them into official version of
> Sympa.
>
> 3000_pg_schema_search.patch
>
> When checking for table existence in database upgrade lib, check the
> common PostgreSQL schema search path, a username-based namespace. So
> each user can have its own schema (table namespace) and very (the
> default) often this is named the same as username. Even better would
> be if there would be a setting file to configure schema.

Setting schema search path seems to be possible by adding
sympa.conf parameter somewhat like:

db_options options=-c search_path=myschema

As I'm not familiar with DBD::Pg, this "solution" can be off the
mark...

> 3001_robot_icons_url.patch
>
> Sympa currently does not use robot-specific static_content_url but
> only global, which can break icons' URLs for robots (virtual hosts).
> This patch fixes this.

I'll commit it in a few days. Thank you:-).

> 3002_password_sensitive.patch
>
> Password should probably be really case sensitive by the default? The
> real reason for this is that we had passwords case sensitive in older
> versions of Sympa and after upgrading to Sympa 6 they stopped to work.
> It seems that configuration setting gets somehow lost on the code path
> to the authentication itself. So setting the default fixed this for
> us. But probably it should be fixed that configuration option itself
> work as expected.

Case inconsistency by md5 migration will be fixed in ongoing 6.1.x
release or next.

By now, I have no opinion either to change the default again or not.

> 3003_verp.patch
>
> Sympa had problems setting VERP (Return-Path) on e-mails. A variable
> scope coding error was the cause.

It has been fixed. Thanks:-).

> mail_tt2-linewrap.patch
>
> Sympa should not wrap moderation e-mails so that links for moderation
> (accept/reject) are in one line and working. Otherwise it is not
> possible just to click the link to moderate.

It is not reproduced on my side. What kind of e-mails are wrapped?

> mhonarc-ressources.tt2.patch
>
> E-mails with flowed newlines are not displayed properly (everything is
> displayed in one long long line as HTML just collapses everything) now
> that Sympa has removed keepspace option. It is probably an upstream
> (mhonarc) issue. But we can simply disable handling of flowed newlines
> and things work.
>
> BTW, mhonarc template should really add some div around the body
> content. Currently it is impossible to style (CSS) just the body (for
> example, to set with CSS a pre-like fixed space behavior).

Good suggestions. I've been supposing that Sympa could properly
handle both flowed and fixed plain texts.

株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児
〒231-0004 神奈川県横浜市中区元浜町3-21-2 ヘリオス関内ビル7F
e-mail address@concealed TEL 045-640-3550
http://www.conversion.co.jp/