en - [sympa-users] How to safely edit config file for list

  • From: Philip Brown <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] How to safely edit config file for list
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:43:29 -0700

Hello,

I've read through the documentation at places like
http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/list-definition
as reguards adding a file inclusion to a list membership definition.

I believe it seems simple enough: Add

include_file /path/to/member/list

into the "config" file for that list.
The one problem, is how to edit that safely.

I note that there is a "config.lock" file there also, which contains the PID of the sympa demon.
To me, this says, "file in use, dont edit it".

So, how can I safely edit the file to add in the needed line?

(and, it would be nice if the documentation would be updated to include this information! For example, somewhere in
http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/list-parameters )

  • [sympa-users] How to safely edit config file for list, Philip Brown, 04/20/2012